I’m a strong believer that music goes hand-in-hand with writing. It doesn’t matter what I’m writing, music must always be on in the background. Music helps me get into certain writing moods and lets me accomplish the tasks at hand.
Today, I thought I’d share one of my Writing Playlists with you. Currently, I have a playlist that’s been on repeat while I’m been writing. Of course, it depends on what you’re writing. If you’re writing the final five pages of a thesis, you’ll probably want to listen to something that will pump you up! In my case, I’ve finished university, so I don’t have any major papers to write. I’m writing creatively and jotting down ideas that come to my mind, so my playlist is a little more mellow.
Here it is:
- Something Good – alt-J
- The Night We Met – Lord Huron
- Sky Full of Song – Florence + The Machine
- I Feel Like I’m Drowning – Two Feet
- Born to Die – Lana Del Rey
- This Way – Khalid & H.E.R.
- Jump (feat. Trippie Redd) – Julia Michaels
- Like Real People Do – Hozier
- Bully – Black Pistol Fire
- Modern Man – Arcade Fire
- Love – Lana Del Rey
- The Calling – The Killers
- Crawling Through the Window – Arkells
- Brooklyn Baby – Lana Del Rey
- Crazy in Love (Remix) – Beyonce
- Skinny Love – Bon Iver
- Magic – Coldplay
- Shake Me Down – Cage the Elephant
- Love is Blindness – Jack White
- Work Song – Hozier
- Under the Bridge – Red Hot Chili Peppers
- The Sky Is A Neighbourhood – Foo Fighters
- Outro – M83
- Blue Jeans – Lana Del Rey
- All These Things That I’ve Done – The Killers
I have a very eclectic taste in music…
To be completely honest, Lana Del Rey, alt-J, M83, and Hozier are the artists that help me the most. The others are cherries on top (even though The Killers are my absolute favourite band, IRL)
Do you have any music that helps get you inspired? Share some of your favourite songs down below!